Many people might have thought about becoming a property agent in Singapore because it seems to offer a lot of flexibility and a good salary.
The CEA (Council for Estate Agencies) reports that as of January 1, 2021, there were 30,399 registered property agents.
How the Property Agent Works in Singapore?
Property agents collaborate closely with home buyers and sellers, offering their clients advisory, marketing, and sales services in exchange for a commission.
However, aside from the financial rewards, is working as a real estate agent truly your ideal occupation?
One of the main reasons why many people choose to work as an agent is the opportunity to set their own hours.
You can choose to get out of bed later than those who work a regular nine-to-five schedule if you work best in the afternoon. If you want, you can even work only three days a week.
Benefits of Doing Property Business in Singapore:-
- Even though you get to choose your own hours and set your own schedule for the day, most agents work weekends, holidays, and even after normal business hours because most clients prefer these times to view properties.
- Being your own boss is similar to working as a property agent. Instead of receiving a fixed monthly salary, you receive commissions from the properties you have sold.
- While there is a possibility of earning more during a boom time, there is also a possibility of earning less during slower times. You Can do the Whole Process for Company Formation Singapore Easily.
- Having said that, the things you can create are endless. A fast web-based search will uncover numerous specialists who have made their fortune selling land, with some securing various properties all the while.
- The position of property agent might be ideal for you if you are prepared to give up your fixed monthly salary in favor of a variable one.
- Part II: Getting Started in Your Property Career The following information can be used as a reference regarding the requirements that must be met and the costs that may be incurred before you can work as a CEA-registered property agent in Singapore.
- It also provides information about how to get started.
Anyone wishing to become a property agent in Singapore must complete the RES Course offered by CEA Approved Course Providers since 2010.
The goal of the course is to help new agents learn about Singapore’s laws and guidelines for buying, selling, and renting all kinds of properties, as well as the rules and regulations governing property agency work and practices.
Before you can register as a licensed agent after completing the RES Course, you must pass two exam papers within two years of receiving the certificate of completion.
If your results aren’t what you expected, you can take the exams again, but you have to pass both papers within the two-year deadline.
If you don’t, you’ll have to take the course and the exams again.
You will be eligible to register as a licensed property agent once you pass your RES exams! Congrats!
Through CEA’s e-services, the property agency you choose to join will typically assist with the application, and CEA will typically approve an application in four to six weeks. CEA will notify you and your estate agent once the application is approved; Your exciting career as an agent in real estate can now begin!