Apparel Export Promotion Council (AEPC) is a nodal agency under the Ministry of Textiles, Government of India, responsible for growing exports of clothing and textiles. To register with AEPC, corporations must manufacture or ship apparel or textile commodities. In addition to these criteria, they must have the lowest annual profit of ₹1 crore. Enrollment is easy and can be completed online.
Registration with AEPC is open to anyone involved in the manufacturing and shipping of garments from India, as well as start-up companies. Registration is easy and can be completed online. After enrolling, you will receive a five-year enrollment certificate. A five-year renewal is required for your registration.
Apparel Export Promotion Council (AEPC): What Is It?
In 1978, AEPC was founded under the standards of the Ministry of Textiles as a statutory body to assist apparel exporters in India and international buyers.
As an important player in India’s rapidly growing apparel market, AEPC has a sourcing mark that is considered the best in the industry. Incorporating the apparel industry by AEPC has demonstrated this. Among its services are
- Providing basic skills training to employees
- Providing qualified manpower on a continuous basis
- Providing data to an outlet in India or abroad, as well as basic machinery and infrastructure.
As part of the work conducted by the export promotion council, the AEPC provides holistic services that have granted India an updated global outlook. By working diligently to reach national export targets, this body contributes to boosting productivity, creating jobs, and improving India’s global ranking in the clothing industry.
Is the Apparel Export Promotion Council a Statutory Body?
To improve the export of garments, the AEPC is an Indian statutory body under the Ministry of Textiles. Registered members of AEPC have certain benefits. AEPC’s key purposes include:
- Promoting apparel exports
- Promotion, improvement, and expansion of ready-made garment exports,
- The provision of essential market knowledge, pricing of many goods, agreements, assistance, or services from such policies to businessmen.
- Providing instruction, technical assistance, economic assistance, or other assistance to departments in need
- Providing skilled workers to manufacturers
- Engaging in activities that enhance the skills of garment manufacturing workers
- Assist the administration with drafting policies, establishing export targets, and forecasting situations.
Membership in the AEPC: Steps to Become a Member
It is required that AEPC members produce or exchange garments and submit a petition and articles at AEPC offices. Qualifications for membership in the AEPC are as follows:
- A manufacturer or dealer exporting garments must apply
- An applicant must be at least 21 years old if they are registering as an individual or a sole proprietorship
- Any candidate or member must not have been declared insolvent or condemned for misconduct or ethical turpitude by a court
- A firm’s aggregate export turnover must exceed Rs. 1 crore in the three previous years
An Export Promotion Council Registration and Membership Certificate (RCMC) is required by most export promotion councils. As an AEPC member, this is a major proof.
Documents Required for AEPC Registration
It is necessary for applicants to provide information such as the name of the company, its start date, enrollment number, and export revenue in previous years. This application form must also be accompanied by the following documents:
- A self-certified copy of the Import Exporter Code (IEC) published by the Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT)
- Self-certified Memorandum & Articles (MoA) of Association or Partnership Deed or Certificate of Registrar for a company, according to law
- A small scale industry certificate (SSI) or industrial license is required if you are a manufacturer exporter.
- Documents should be notarized with a non-judicial stamp.
- A self-attested certificate, a letter of intent, and an industrial license must also be published by the appropriate authority.
Fees Involved in AEPC
New registration fees are 1000 +180 (18% GST) = 1180+8000 +1440 (18% GST) = 9440, totaling 10620.
How vakilsearch can help in AEPC registration
With Vakilsearch, you can register your firm under AEPC with the help of a dynamic team of experts. Within 30 working days, our team of experts will help you get your Spice Board-RCMC. Our experienced business advisors are just a click away if you have any further questions.