How to register for GST as an existing Meghalaya VAT dealer. Migrating from VAT to GST for existing Meghalaya State dealers. VAT, CST & Excise Dealers in Meghalaya can register at the New GST Portal by following these steps. In light of the introduction of Goods and Services Tax on 1st July 2017, we understand that as a taxpayer, you want to continue your business operations. Meghalaya GST Dealers’ Registration Procedure. The GSTN will request details under the proposed model goods and services tax act (GST Act).
GST entitles all existing dealers whose PANs have been validated with the CBDT (Central Board of Direct Taxes) to provisional registration. From 16th December 2016 to 15th June 2017, existing registered dealers of Meghalaya under the Meghalaya VAT Act will be enrolled to the GST System.
GST Registration in Meghalaya Procedure for old VAT Dealers. Existing dealers in Meghalaya are required to register for GST. Enrollment process for existing VAT dealers in Meghalaya. In Meghalaya, sales tax and VAT dealers can register for GST. Registration deadline for existing VAT, CST dealers in Meghalaya. Hello, this article explains how Meghalaya VAT Dealers can register at the new GST Portal, how they can get the Provision ID and password for GST registration, etc. Scroll down to find out more details about “GST registration process for Existing Meghalaya VAT Dealers”
GST Registration Procedure for Existing Meghalaya VAT Dealers
Step 1 – Please Collect Provision ID From Meghalaya VAT Department Website. http://megvat.gov.in/ (Provisional ID and Password is Available on all Dealers Login)
Step 2: Please visit the New GST Portal at https://www.gst.gov.in/ and click on “New User Login”. Please accept the Terms and Conditions, then click on “Continue” and then enter your Provisional ID and password.
Step 3: Please enter the mobile number and email address of the business entity’s authorized signatory. The GST portal (www.gst.gov.in) will send all future correspondence to this registered mobile number and email address.
- Receive two OTP on E-mail and Mobile.
- Fill HP both OTP No on different place and submit.
- After that for GST ID No & password to fill HP the information in given direction.
- Now you go on www.gst.gov.in and Log in with new ID and password.
- After Log in go on Enrollment Menu.
- Now on enrollment Application, Eight (8) tabs are available. They are Nature of business, Partner’s name, Authorized signatory, Principal Palace of business…etc…and verification/declaration tab has been closed in lastly.
- After complete each Tab click on “save & continue “button.
- upload all required document in correct format & size.
- Click the SUBMIT button to save the updated information and documents.
- Click Verification checkbox and submit with DSC (Note : Digitally signing using DSC is mandatory in case of LLP and Companies)
- Click Proceed (Note : Make sure your DSC dongle is inserted in your laptop/ desktop)
- Click Sign from the Pop-up window
Note: To view the details of your DSC, click the View Certificate button.
After complete the all Tab, click on submit button.
After successfully submission you received an ARN No (Which keeps safely for future reference when GST will be coming in force.)
In case of any queries, the taxpayer can contact on the Helpdesk Number (0034-4688999/ 0175- 2225192) or email id (email@example.com).