India’s food industry has grown at the fastest rate. The expansion of the food industry has necessitated tighter controls to ensure that food products have been quality-checked to prevent food adulteration and the sale of subpar goods.
The Ministry of Health & Family Welfare of India established the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) in India to oversee the country’s food industry. Every food-related organization (also known as FBOs, or Food Business Operators) is required to register with the FSSAI. From a simple registration to a central license, the registration varies.
Benefits of FSSAI registration include:
- As a result of compliance with food laws, penalties are less likely.
- contributes to food safety.
- contributes to customers’ increased trust in the food’s quality.
- aids in business growth.
- aids in fostering mutual respect.
Documents that are required include a passport-sized photograph of each director, partner, or proprietor and the FSSAI registration:
- Forms A and B include the names, addresses, and contact information of the directors, partners, and proprietors.
- Name and installed capacity of the equipment
- A list of food groups.
- Report on the water that will be used in the process.
- source of milk, meat, and other raw materials.
- The DGFT issued the IEC. Form IX is for importers and exporters.
- Evidence of a registered office
- assisting with turnover.
- Form of declaration.
- Dimensions of the processing unit and allocation of operation-specific space.
Types of FSSAI licenses:
There are three kinds of FSSAI licenses and registrations:
Based on the food business’s annual revenue, the following types of FSSAI License Registration are available:
Basic Authentication: This registration is open to companies with less than Rs 10,000 in annual revenue. 12 Lakhs. Small business owners are the primary recipients of this license.
State FSSAI Certificate: business owners with annual revenues of Rs. 10,000 and Rs. Rs. 12 million, 20 billion Each manufacturing unit must self-register under the FSSAI State License category.
Central FSSAI License: Businesses with annual sales of more than Rs are eligible for the Central FSSAI License, which is a certificate. twenty billion Each importer and exporter must register for the central license category. You must register with the FSSAI under the central category if you also want to start your own online food business.
Know More: How to Get Fssai License?
The registration procedure is as follows:
- On the FoSCoS portal, the first step is to submit Form A for FSSAI Basic registration or Form B for FSSAI Central or State License online.
- All of the aforementioned documents must be submitted with the aforementioned form.
- Within seven business days, the application can be accepted or rejected. The reason for the rejection of the application must be stated in writing.
- A registration certificate with the applicant’s photograph and a 14-digit registration number is issued when the application is accepted by the department.
- At the place of business, the applicant is required to display the registration certificate.
Time Required From the time the documents are submitted, the following time is required:
30 days for a FSSAI registration and 60 days for a FSSAI central or state license.