Considering opening a KFC franchise in your town? This page will provide you with detailed information on the company, the cost of a KFC franchise in India, the space requirements, and the qualifications to own a KFC franchise.
After McDonald’s, KFC is the second-largest restaurant chain in the world. There are over 23,000 of its stores worldwide, spread across about 140 nations.
Since opening its first franchise restaurant in 1952, the American fast-food brand has expanded internationally, with locations in more than 140 nations.
KFC opened a two-story location on Brigade Road in Bangalore in June 1995, marking the company’s entry into the Indian restaurant market. The company began using the franchising concept in 2002, and in 2015 they reorganised the company under larger, better-capitalized franchisees.
There are now 400 KFC locations spread over 100 cities in India.
How KFC Franchise Works in India
KFC has two business strategies in India: franchise ownership and equity ownership.
10% of its 400 shops are currently run directly by the company; the remaining 90% are now franchised.
KFC, Pizza Hut, and Taco Bell are Yumtop !’s three brands in India, as you may already be aware.
KFC Franchise Cost in India
You might need to pay one to five crores and have a 1,000 to 1,600 square foot commercial location that complies with their requirements in order to open a KFC franchise in India. In addition, a royal fee of 4% to 5% of the actual sales will be paid.
KFC reorganised their franchisee network in 2015, and they now primarily engage with bigger restaurants.
Franchise Terms and Conditions
Each business franchise has unique rules and regulations. These are the few T&C that the majority of brands in the F&B business typically abide by.
- Without the franchisee’s permission, the agreement may let the franchisor to alter its business strategy. You might need to invest more money in the company as a result of these adjustments.
- It could be necessary for you to purchase goods from the franchisor or vendors the franchisor names. These products can cost more than comparable ones you could find in your network.
- Even if your firm is doing well, you could still have to pay royalties, commissions, and other expenses.
- You can be forbidden from running a comparable business while the agreement is in effect by the agreement.
- Typically, a franchise agreement will provide you a region. Despite the fact that the franchisor may be permitted to compete with you in your region.
- The original duration of a franchise is typically 20 years long. You might not be able to renew it under your contract. You could be required to sign a new contract with a different set of terms and conditions even if you renew.
How to Apply for the Franchise?
Visit the KFC franchise website to submit an application. Choose Franchise with Our Option at the bottom of the main page, then complete the application.
You must fill out the application form with information such as the size of the proposed commercial space, the kind of ownership and details, the money you can spend, the address of the planned space, images of the area, and other simple information.